Location: This segment of the parkway project runs from just west of Exit 57 (Lee City/West Liberty) near Helechawa to just west of the Cutino-Hager Road overpass (mile point 65). It covers 8.2 miles of existing parkway.
- Widen parkway to four lanes.
- Make improvements to two existing interchanges.
- Reconstruct “S” curve near Morgan/Magoffin county line to improve safety and mobility.
- Work on this segment began in January 2017.
- KY 205 interchange (Exit 57) – Crews have built new ramps and several new bridges just west of the current interchange, as well as part of the new KY 205 (which is shifting slightly to the west as part of the interchange reconfiguration).
- Future KY 134 interchange (Exit 60) – In this area, workers are continuing to prepare for ramp and bridge construction. Workers are also building the bridges that will carry four lanes of traffic when the parkway is widened. This includes bridges at two locations where the Mountain Parkway crosses over KY 134 (mile markers 60.5 and 62.2).
- Morgan/Magoffin county line – In this area, crews are building new bridges just south of the existing parkway. These bridges will carry eastbound and westbound traffic when the parkway is widened and realigned in this area.
- All work in the Morgan County segment of the project is scheduled for completion by the end of 2020.