Location: This segment of the parkway project runs from just west of Exit 57 (Lee City/West Liberty) near Helechawa to just west of the Cutino-Hager Road overpass (mile point 65). It covers 8.2 miles of existing parkway.
- Widen parkway to four lanes.
- Make improvements to two existing interchanges.
- Reconstruct “S” curve near Morgan/Magoffin county line to improve safety and mobility.
- Final design and engineering work is underway and will continue through 2015.
- Property acquisition is scheduled to begin in early 2015.
- Project is scheduled to reach shovel-ready status by early 2016.
- Construction schedule depends on funding by Kentucky General Assembly.